Wednesday, March 16, 2011

     So, I was trying to find the perfect picture to go along with "Recovery" or "Overcoming" Not a whole lot of choices... :(  Well, what I have been working on for a while has been focusing on my recovery.  I was asked what my definition of recovery is & how do I get to serenity. This was almost a week ago I was asked this.  Sadly, it took me awhile to define what MY definition is: having a stable foundation while continued growth mentally, emotionally & spiritually.  How do I get to serenity: maintaining a stable foundation & sober enviroment, Having inner peace & honesty.  I'm sure there is more to obtaining "serenity" I'll discover it as I continue down the road. 
     I've heard this saying more than once "To live is to suffer, to survive is to find the meaning of suffering." -Friedrich Miescher  I now know the meaning of this.  Either one can learn from their mistakes and grow into a better person the person they are meant to be OR they can just nod their head & hear it, but, if you do not have the true meaning for this you will not succeed.  It is the stone cold truth.  I'm very happy with myself & how much growth I have done in the last 8-9 months.  I take it all day by day, that's all I can do & I'm ok with this.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment